UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 – Assistant Commandants Recruitment
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 will be conducted by Union Public Service Commission on 26th June, 2016 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Examination will be held in accordance with the Rules for the Examination published by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India dated 26th June, 2016.
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 Seats
The tentative number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is as follows
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 Eligibility Criteria
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 eligibility criteria different parameters are given below.
No person who is not a citizen of India shall, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules. Provided that nothing contained in these rules shall debar the appointment, enrolment or employment of a subject of Nepal or Bhutan under these Rules.
Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants in CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF. However, for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants in ITBP only Male candidates are eligible.
Explanation – A female candidate, even if her name is there in the list of successful candidates as declared by UPSC, may not be appointed if she does not get allocated to CRPF, CISF, SSB or BSF on the basis of merit and choice indicated by successful candidates.
A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2016, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1991 and not later than 1st August, 1996.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. ExServicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
- upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
Note I : Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clause of Para 3(III)(b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Civilian Central Government Servants/ Ex Servicemen and persons domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir, will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
Note II : The term Ex-Servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-Servicemen in the Ex-Servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
Note III : The term “Civilian Central Government Servants” in Para 3 (III)(b)(iii) above will apply to persons who are defined as “Government Servants” in the Central Civil Services (Classification, Control and Appeal) Rules, 1965 as amended from time to time.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree of a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification.
Female candidate can not apply for BSF and ITBP
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 Application Procedure
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 application procedure are detailed as follows. Candidate can apply through the details and link provided for applying
HOW TO APPLY FOR UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016
Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in below
The Online Applications can be filled upto 08.04.2016 till 11.59 pm, after which the link will be disabled
INSTRUCTIONS TO FILL UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 APPLICATION FORM
Candidates are required to apply Online using the website www.upsconline.nic.in.
Salient features of the system of Online Application Form are given hereunder:
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menus.
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) [excepting SC/ST/Female candidates who are exempted from payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Before start filling up of Online Application, a candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 12.03.2016 to 08.04.2016 till 11.59 p.m., after which link will be disabled.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances, any applicant submits multiple applications then he/ she must ensure that the application with higher RID is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple applications, the application with higher RID shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-Mail IDs as the Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their e-mails at regular intervals and ensure that the e-mail address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 Quick Links
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure of UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 is given below.
The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission will be held on 26 June 2016 and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m
Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests
Candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination will be summoned for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. Those candidates who meet the prescribed Physical Standards, specified in Appendix-VI, will be put through the Physical Efficiency Tests as indicated below
Candidates who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview/Personality Tests provisionally. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
Candidates who are short-listed for Interview/Personality Test, including those shortlisted for Interview/Personality Test provisionally will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) in which among other things, they will be required to indicate their preference of Forces. As female candidates are eligible for appointment to CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF only, they will be required to indicate their preference for CRPF, CISF, SSB and BSF only
Final Selection / Merit
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 Centres of Examination
AGARTALA, GANGTOK, PANAJI (GOA)
AHMEDABAD, HYDERABAD, PATNA
AIZAWL, IMPHAL, PORT BLAIR
ALLAHABAD, ITANAGAR, RAIPUR
BANGALORE, JAIPUR, RANCHI
BAREILLY, JAMMU, SAMBALPUR
BHOPAL, JORHAT, SHILLONG
CHANDIGARH, KOCHI, SHIMLA
CHENNAI, KOHIMA, SRINAGAR
CUTTACK, KOLKATA, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
DEHRADUN, LUCKNOW, TIRUPATI
DELHI, MADURAI, UDAIPUR
DHARWAD, MUMBAI, VISHAKHAPATNAM
UPSC CAPF (AC) Exam 2016 Key Dates
|Date of Notification||12.03.2016|
|Last Date to Apply||08.04.2016|