UPSC is conducting Engineering services examination for recruitment of 602 seats in category mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering and electronics & communication engineering. UPSC ESE 2016 is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of IES officers.
UPSC ESE 2016 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either: (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan,
(II) Age Limits:
(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, 2016 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1986 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
(b) The upper age‐limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories
(III) Minimum Educational Qualification
Minimum eligibility criteria for UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2016 is candidate must be a degree holder of their respective branch.
(IV) Medical Examination
Every candidate, on being finally recommended by Commission will be required to undergo medical examination as and when so decided by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) irrespective of the fact that he/she has appeared for such medical examination in the past and found fit/unfit on the basis of earlier examination.
(V) Physical standards
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination, 2016 as per guidelines given in Appendix‐II of the Rules for the Engineering Services Examination, 2016 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 27.02.2016
UPSC ESE 2016 Quick Links
UPSC ESE 2016 Application Procedure
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website or by clicking on the given below link
NO OF SEATS
This year UPSC announced approximately 602 including 20 PH vacancies for Engineering Services Examination 2016.
Departments Under Engineering Services Examination 2016
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Services (Civil Engineering Posts).
- Central Engineering Service.
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts).
- Indian Ordance Factories Services. AWM/JTS (Civil Engg. Posts)
- Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group-A. (Civil Engg. Posts)
- Executive Engineer (Civil) P & T Building Works Gr. ‘A’ Service.
- Assistant Executive Engineer (QS & C) in Military Engineer Service (MES) Surveyor Cadre.
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Central Power Engineering Service Group ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service. AWM/JTS (Mechanical Engineering Post)
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ (Mech. Engg. Posts) in the corps of EME, Ministry of Defence.
- Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Mechanical Engineering posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engg. Posts).
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service. AWM/JTS (Electrical Engineering Post)
- Central Power Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Electrical Engineering Posts).
- Assistant Executive Engineer Gr. ‘A’ (Electrical Engineering Posts) in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.
ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts).
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts).
- Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence
- Central Power Engg. Service, Group ‘A’ [Electronics and Telecommunication Engg. Service].
- Indian Inspection Service (Asst. Dir. Grade-I)
- Indian Telecommunication Service Gr. ‘A’.
- Junior Telecom Officer [General Central Service Group ‘B’ Gazetted Non- Ministerial].
UPSC ESE 2016 Admit Card
Admit card for UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2016 is available on UPSC website three weeks before the exam date.
- In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2016 applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near gate ‘C’ of its campus.
- Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
UPSC ESE 2016 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected based on
- Written examination,
- Interview/ Personality Test.
UPSC ESE 2016 Exam Pattern
1. The examination shall be conducted according to the following plan:
Part I.—The written examination will comprise two sections—Section I consisting only of objective type of questions and Section II of conventional papers. Both Sections will cover the entire syllabus of the relevant engineering disciplines viz. Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering. The Standard and syllabi prescribed for these papers are given in Schedule to the Appendix. The details of the written examination i.e. subject are given below.
Part II.—Personality test carrying a maximum of 200 marks of such of the candidates who qualify on the basis of the written examination
2. The following will be the subjects for the written examination:
UPSC ESE 2016 Key Dates
|Start of online registration||27.02.2016|
|Closing of online registration||25.03.2016|
|Date of ESE 2016 EXAM||27.05.2016|
|Declaration of ESE 2016 Result||Dec 2016|
For complete information refer UPSC ESE 2016 information brochure.