Staff Selection Commission invites application for All India Open Competitive Examination for SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 Recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ ( Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted ) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’(Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted. All the interested aspirants can apply through the details given below.
SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 is given below. Candidate can check all the details before applying
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India
18-27 years as on 01.08.2016 (Candidates born not before 02-08-1989 and not later than 01-08-1998)
Permissible relaxations of Upper age limit for different categories are as under
As per Supreme Court direction dated 24.02.1995 in Appeal No.731-69 of 1994, Age relaxation will be available for Group-‘C’ posts in the O/o RGI(Registrar General of India) for retrenched Census employees as under:-
- Age relaxation by 3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment ,
- Weightage of past service.
Educational Qualifications ( As on 01.08.2016):
- Must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification No. 44 dated 01.03.1995 published in Gazette of India edition dated 08.04.1995, the Degree obtained through open Universities/Distance Education Mode needs to be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU. Accordingly, unless such Degrees had been recognized for the period when the candidates acquired the relevant qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
- Candidates who have not acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and acquire documentary evidence from the Board/University in support thereof as on 01.08.2016 will also be eligible
- All candidates who are called for appearing at the Skill Test will be required to produce the relevant Certificate in Original such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificate, etc. as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01.08.2016 failing which the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cutoff date and he/she has been declared passed, will also be considered to have the required Educational Qualification
SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 Quick Links
SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 Selection Process
Candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination. Candidates who qualify in the skill test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination. Allocation of candidates will be made to User Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by them.
Provided that SC, ST, OBC, and PH (PWD) candidates, who are selected on their own merit without relaxed standards, alongwith candidates belonging to other communities, will not be adjusted against the reserved share of vacancies. Such SC, ST, OBC, and PH (PWD) candidates will be accommodated against the general/unreserved vacancies as per their position in the overall Merit List
SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 Exam Centres
The applications should be addressed to the Regional / Sub-Regional Offices of the Commission as indicated in the table below
SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 Exam Pattern
The Examination pattern of SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 will consist of a written examination and skill test in stenography.
1. The written examination will consist of one objective type paper as shown below
The questions except in Part III will be set both in English & Hindi. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer
2. Skill test in Stenography
Commission will only be called for the Skill Test. It may also prescribe qualifying marks in each part of the Written Examination. THE SKILL TEST WILL BE OF QUALIFYING NATURE and the Commission will fix the qualifying standards in the skill test for different categories of candidates.
The candidates will have to appear for the stenography test. The candidates will be given one dictation for 10 minutes in English / Hindi at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and 80 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade ‘D’. The matter will have to be transcribed on computer only. The evaluation of transcription will be done electronically only. The transcription time is as follows
For Stenographer Grade ‘D’ : 50 minutes ( English ) 65 minutes ( Hindi )
For Stenographer Grade ‘C’: 40 minutes ( English ) 55 Minutes ( Hindi )
SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 General Instruction
- 12th Standard Passfrom a recognized board/university is the minimum qualification. The SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 will comprise of a Written Objective Type Examination followed by Skill Test in Stenography at 100 w.p.m. and 80 w.p.m. for Stenographer Grade ‘C’ &’D’ respectively.
- The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the skill test. At the time of scrutiny if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled. The Commission’s decision shall be final.
- Candidates are advised that skill test in stenography is mandatory and, therefore, those without knowledge of stenography should avoid applying for the examination.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH( PWD)/EXS must ensure that they should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim at the time of skill test.Copies of the certificate, etc. will be sought at the time of Skill Test of Stenography
- Candidates with visual disability/Cerebral palsy of 40% and more only would be considered as VISUALLY HANDICAPPED (VH) for availing reservation for VH, wherever, such reservation is applicable
SSC Stenographers Exam 2016 Key Dates
|SSC Stenographers 2015 Application published online:
|Last date of SSC Stenographers Online Application Form Submission
|Written SSC Stenographers Exam Date 2016