IIM known as Indian Institutes of Management will conduct Common Admission Test 2015 (CAT 2015) on 29th November, 2015 in two sessions. CAT 2015 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs. These programmes are
- Post Graduate Programmes in Management
- Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM) [equivalent to Ph.D.]
CAT 2015 ELIGIBILTY CRITERIA
Eligibility Criteria of CAT 2015 is given below. Candidate please go through it clearly before applying in order to avoid any mistakes while applying for CAT 2015
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category)
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2016 from the Principal/Registrar of her/his College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2016) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.iimcat.ac.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by IIMs. Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
Equivalent Qualifications for CAT 2015
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post Diploma ) or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers -India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India).
2. Any Qualification recognized by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognized University/Institutions.
3. Cases not covered above equivalency certificate to be produced from Association of Indian Universities New Delhi.
- As per the Government of India requirements, 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates. 27% of seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “non – creamy” layer (NC – OBC).
- For all caste based reservations, the castes included in the Central Govt. list as on the last date of registration shall be used. For an updated central list of state – wise OBCs eligible for availing the benefit of reservation and information in respect of the creamy layer, visit the website http://www.ncbc.nic.in.
- In case of NC – OBC category, the castes included in Central List (available at http://www.ncbc.nic.in) of NC – OBC by the National Commission of Backward Classes, Government of India as on last day of registration will be used. Any subsequent changes will not be effective for CAT 2015 unless there is a change made by the Central Government or judiciary with retrospective effect.
- As per the provision under section 39 of the PWD Act, 1995, 3% seats are reserved for Differently Abled (DA) candidates. The three categories of disability are: a) low vision blindness, b) hearing impairment and c) loco motor disability/cerebral palsy. This provision is applicable if the candidate suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40%, as certified by a medical authority as prescribed and explained in the said Act.
- The candidates should read carefully the description of admission process followed by each IIM on their respective websites. No change in the category will be entertained after the closure of registration window. Hence, applicants are advised to give attention while registering.
For SC/ST, NC-OBC, and DA Candidates
- If you belong to SC or ST categories, your caste/tribe must be listed in the Government of India schedule. The caste certificate that you submit to IIM should be in the Government approved format and should clearly state: (a) Name of your caste/tribe; (b) Whether you belong to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe; (c) District and the State or Union Territory of your ordinary residence; and (d) the appropriate Government of India schedule under which your caste/tribe is approved by it as Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe.
- A copy of the SC/ST and /or PWD (DA) certificate(s) must be uploaded at the time of CAT 2015 Application registration. Failure to upload a copy of the caste/class certificate will result in the rejection of your CAT 2015 registration.
- The SC/ST and/or PWD (DA) certificate(s) must be shown and a photocopy should be submitted at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate(s) must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs.
- If you belong to the Non – Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC – OBC), you must produce the NC – OBC certificate duly signed by competent authority and enclose its photocopy at the time of interviews. Moreover, the certificate must be submitted at the time of joining programmes of any of the IIMs. Failure to do so during the post CAT 2015 selection process will result in you not being considered under the reserved category.
CAT 2015 QUICK LINKS
CAT 2015 APPLICATION FORM
The registration window opens on 6th August, 2015 and will close on 20th September, 2015. The details about the registration process will be available on CAT 2015 website www.iimcat.ac.in. At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu. Candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred Cities in any 1 of the 2 sessions after the last date of registration.
CAT 2015 APPLICATION FEE
- General and OBC-NC candidates has to pay Rs 1600
- SC/ST/PWD candidates has to pay Rs 800
CAT 2015 ADMIT CARD
Candidate who has successfully completed the application or registration process can download CAT 2015 Admit Card as per the scheduled date. They need to enter registration ID and password to download admit card. The Admit Card contain test Date, Time and Venue details. Candidate can download the CAT 2015 Admit Card from official website iimcat.ac.in or from the link given below. The candidates can download the admit cards from 15th October, 2015 till their exam date
CAT 2015 ADMIT CARD – link available soon…
CAT 2015 IMPORTANT CERTIFICATES
- Candidate Identification Affidavit
- Final Year Certificate
- NC-OBC Certificate
- SC/ST Certificate
- PWD Certificate
CAT 2015 EXAM PATTERN
The CAT 2015 will be regulated in two days, consisting of four sessions overall. The exam pattern consists of two sections. This entrance test is a computer based objective type test. There will be a suitable negative marking for each wrong answer.
CAT 2015 RESULTS AND SHORT-LISTING
Information related to CAT 2015 results will be available starting 2 rd week of January, 2016 on this website. List of shortlisted candidates for the next level of selection will be made available on the individual IIM websites. Each IIM will send interview letters to the short listed candidates directly. The criteria for short-listing vary from IIM to IIM. Please visit the admission hotlinks of the respective websites of IIMs for further information.
CAT 2015 TEST CENTRE
There are 136 test cities. The details about the test sites spread across 136 test cities will be available on www.iimcat.ac.in from 15th October, 2015 and the name of the Test Site will be indicated in the Admit Card. IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test venue /centre and/or change the test time and date at their own discretion.
CAT 2015 KEY DATES
|Release of Advertisement for CAT 2015||26/07/2015 (Sunday)|
|Online Registration for CAT 2015||06/08/2015 to 20/09/2015|
|CAT 2015 Admit Card Download||15/10/2015, 1:00 PM till Exam Day|
|CAT 2015 Test Date||29/11/2015 (Sunday)|
|CAT 2015 Results||Second week of January 2016|
For complete information brochure of CAT 2015 Click Here