Tidal is music streaming service that provides lossless audio and HD music videos with curated editorial. Tidal service has over 40 million tracks and 90,000 music videos. Tidal offers two digital music streaming services Tidal Premium and Tidal HiFi. Tidal was launched in 2014 by Norwegian/Swedish public company Aspiro. It has distribution agreements on major labels, in addition to many indies. In 2015, the parent company Aspiro was acquired by Project Panther Ltd., which is owned by Shawn “Jay Z” Carter.
Starting Phase Of Tidal
Following the acquisition of Aspiro by Jay Z who is famous rapper in March 2015, a mass-marketing campaign was introduced to relaunch Tidal. Multiple music artists changed their social media profiles and posted the phrase “TIDALforAll” on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. A press conference took place on March 30, 2015, introducing sixteen music artists to the stage. Jay Z himself, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Kanye West, Nicki Minaj, Daft Punk, Jack White, Madonna, Arcade Fire, Alicia Keys, Usher, Chris Martin, Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Jason Aldean and J. Cole were introduced to the stage as “The owners of TIDAL”
It is the first artist-owned streaming service in the world.
Why Have A Tidal?
The Jay Z-owned music streaming app recently shot to the top of the App Store becuase right now it’s the only place you can stream Kanye West’s new album, “The Life of Pablo.”
1. They has two pricing tiers: either $9.99 or $19.99 a month. Both pricing levels come with the same access to exclusive content and experiences. There is no compression of the files, and the music is CD-level quality.
2. Site gives its members access to exclusive music, videos, tickets, merchandise and experiences that you can’t find anywhere else.
3. Through Soundiiz.com you can import your playlists from any other streaming service directly into your account.
4. It has a world class editorial team regularly delivering articles and interviews across all genres that deliver intimate and revealing looks into your favorite artists, as well as artists you may end up reading about for the very first time.
5. With a simple swipe you can take your music offline, which allows you to continue to listen to your favorite music on TIDAL even when you’re not connected to the Internet or a mobile network.
6. The playlists on TIDAL are tailor-made for listeners, expertly curated by team, and not by a computer algorithm. They also give you access to many exclusive playlists created by artists, athletes, journalists and the like. They give you a look into their world and experience the music that they listen to and love.
7. TIDAL X: A program that will give fans an opportunity to connect with their favorite artists in an unlimited number of ways, witnessing unique experiences that no one outside will see. It could be an intimate performance, a meet-and-greet, a dinner, etc.
8. TIDAL RISING: A program dedicated to artists from around the globe who have passionate fan bases and are ready to broaden that base to a wider audience.
9. Discovery: Some of the best music in the world is the music we never hear, because sometimes the most talented artists don’t get the break they deserve. This was built to give them that break.
10. As they move forward they deliver fans access to music and experiences unlike any other service can deliver.
Click Here to visit TIDAL
This update is loaded with new video features and an all new “Now Playing” experience.
– Add videos to your favorites
– Create your own video playlists and mix it with tracks
– Bring video playlists offline
– Listen to live concerts offline with the new “Audio only” setting
– Get suggestions on what to listen to on the new “Now Playing” screen
– Playback improvements
– Better handling of offline content
– Bug fixes and improvements
Which Countries Is TIDAL Available?
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Cyprus, Czech, Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Iceland, Italy, Lichtenstein, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia,Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States of America
How Good Is The Sound Quality On TIDAL?
96 kbps (AAC +)
320 kbps (AAC)
Flac 1411 kbps – Lossless
How Much Does TIDAL Cost?
At present It is providing 30 days free subscription service after that plans are:
Premium – $9.99
HiFi – $19.99
TIDAL is not about creating a new service, it’s about creating a better one. A service which makes the experience better for both the fans and the artists.