The Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Examination has been introduced through Screening Test Regulations 2002. As per the regulations, “An Indian citizen/Overseas citizen of India possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority.
National Board of Examinations invite Applications for FMGE which will be held on December. FMGE shall be conducted by NBE at various exam centres engaged for the purpose. Candidates are advised to familiarize themselves with the eligibility,exam date, exam centre etc from the same page gven below
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FMGE 2015
The Applicant must meet/fulfill the following criteria for FMGE 2015:
- He / She is a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
- The candidate should possess a primary medical qualification, which is confirmed by the Indian Embassy concerned, to be a recognized qualification for enrolment as medical practitioner in the country in which the institution awarding the said qualification is situated.
- Cut-off date for obtaining the Primary Medical Qualification is on or before 30th November, 2015.
- It is mandatory to provide proof/documentary evidence in support of the candidate having passed final examination for such a primary medical qualification/posses the primary medical qualification on or before the cut-off date.
- Candidate seeking provisional or permanent registration shall not have to qualify the Screening Test if he/she holds an Under Graduate medical qualification from Australia/ Canada/New Zealand/United Kingdom/United States of America.
Applicants/Candidates may also refer to Screening Test Regulations and Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, Eligibility Certificate Regulations issued by Medical Council of India. The same may be referred to at www.mciindia.org or obtained from Secretary, Medical Council of India, Sector-8 Pocket-14, Dwarka, New Delhi. Telephone: 25367033, 25367035, Fax: 25367024.
QUICK LINKS FOR FMGE 2015
ADMIT CARD FOR FMGE 2015
Admit card of FMGE 2015 will be issued to candidate once the registration and scheduling process is successfully completed.
Candidate is required to print a copy of admit card and affix a latest passport size photograph of the following specifications on the admit card. Candidate is required to bring the admit card to the Test centre along with an identification document as per para below:
Specifications for Photograph
- A photograph of minimum 35×45 mm with at least 75% coverage of face & head of the candidate.
- A caption indicating name of candidate and date of taking photograph should be there at the bottom of photo.
- Photograph should be taken in a white /very light colored background.
- The photograph needs to display full front view of the face. Please look directly into the camera with a neutral expression.
- Please avoid photograph with reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes.
- The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi resolutions.
- The colours must possess the natural appearance and skin tone.
- The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains.
EXAM DETAILS FOR FMGE 2015
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- The exam consists of one paper, comprising 300 multiple choice, single correct response questions in English language only, delivered in two parts to be taken in a single day.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per prescribed scheme.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking
- An applicant shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 150 marks out of 300 in the examination
- There are no restrictions on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant
- Allocation of time for the FMGE shall be as follows:
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FMGE 2015
Candidates Must bring to the test centre the following documents:
- Printed copy of Admit card with photo pasted on it.
- Any one of the authorized photo IDs** (must be original and non-expired)
EXAM CETRES FOR FMGE 2015
A Demo Test to provide candidates with the feel and functionality of the actual exam will be available on FMGE website http://www.fmge.nbe.gov.in/ from November 2015 onwards. Candidates registered for FMGE can undertake the Demo Test prior to the actual exam window. Candidates are advised to go through the Demo Test carefully to familiarize themselves with the screens, layout and navigation.
TEST DAY PROCEDURE FOR FMGE 2015
- After verification of ID and capture of biometrics and digital signatures, candidates will be escorted to the designated computer terminal at the test centre. A Test Centre Administrator (TCA) will check in the candidate
- Candidates are required to keep their admit card and photo identification at all times during the conduct of examination.
- Pencils, eraser and rough paper will be distributed to each candidate. No need to bring stationary /writing material to test centre.
- Candidates are required to listen to the TCA’s instructions to begin the exam.
- During the exam, candidate may use the rough paper to do the rough work.
- Each workstation will be blocked from three sides – front, left and right. Candidates are advised not to look around at other candidates as there will be surveillance cameras that will record both audio and video.
- Any suspicious or disruptive behavior on part of the candidate may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- For any issues during the exam, candidate may raise his or her hand to notify TCA/ Invigilator.
- In case of any disruption, rest assured that a registered candidate will get to take the exam again within the testing/examination window.
- All rough paper must be returned to the TCA after the test. Any attempt to take the rough papers out of the test centre will be considered disruptive behavior and liable for disqualification.
KEY DATES FOR FMGE 2015
|Online Registration for FMGE Dec 2015
||16th Sept to 22th Oct 2015
|Examination Dates for FMGE 2015
||9th Dec to 10th Dec 2015
|Declaration of Results
||10th January 2016