UPSC CMS Exam 2016 notification has been published for recruitment of 1009 Assistant Divisional Medical Officer, Assistant Medical Officer, Junior Scale Posts, General Duty Medical Officer vacancies on temporary basis. Details for UPSC CMS Exam 2016 like age limit, educational qualification, exam pattern, application procedure is given below.
UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Post Details
The Services/Posts to which recruitment is to be made and the approximate number of vacancies to be filled are given below
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in Railways – 600 Posts
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services – 46 Posts
Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services – 250
- General Duty Medical Officer Gr-II in Municipal Corporation – 97
- General Duty Medical Officer in Municipal Council – 16
UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be either: (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan,
(II) Age Limits:
(a) A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st January, 2016, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1984.
(b) The upper age‐limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories
(III) Minimum Educational Qualification
For admission to the examination a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
NOTE-1: A candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination if otherwise eligible but the admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the written and practical part of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
Note-2: A candidate who has yet to complete the compulsory rotating internship is educationally eligible for admission to the examination but on selection he/she will be appointed.
(IV) Physical and Medical Standards:
Candidates must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the Combined Medical Services Examination 2016 as per regulations
UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Quick Links
UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Application Procedure
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website or by clicking on the given below link.
Salient features of the system of UPSC Combined Medical Services Application Form are given here under:
- Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions available in the above mentioned site through drop down menus.
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) [excepting SC/ST/Female candidates who are exempted from payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Before start filling up of Online Application, a candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 05th March, 2016 to 01st April, 2016 till 11.59 p.m., after which link will be disabled.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances, any applicant submits multiple applications then he/ she must ensure that the application with higher RID is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple applications, the application with higher RID shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-Mail IDs as the Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their e-mails at regular intervals and ensure that the e-mail address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder
UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Admit Card
Admit card for UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination 2016 is available on UPSC website three weeks before the exam date.
UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be selected based on
- Written examination,
- Interview/ Personality Test.
UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Exam Pattern
Part-I Computer Based Examination – (500 marks)
The candidates will take the Computer based examination in two Papers, each Paper carrying a maximum of 250 marks. Each Paper will be of two hours duration.
Part-II Personality Test: (100 Marks): Personality test carrying 100 marks of such of the candidates who qualify on the results of the Computer based examination.
Candidates who qualify in the Computer based examination will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 100 marks.
UPSC CMS Exam Centres 2016
Centres of Examination: The Examination will be held at the following centres:
AGARTALA, GANGTOK, PANAJI (GOA)
AHMEDABAD, HYDERABAD, PATNA
AIZWAL, IMPHAL, PORT BLAIR
ALLAHABAD, ITANAGAR, RAIPUR
BANGALORE, JAIPUR, RANCHI
BAREILLY, JAMMU, SAMBALPUR
BHOPAL, JORHAT, SHILLONG
CHANDIGARH, KOCHI, SHIMLA
CHENNAI, KOHIMA, SRINAGAR
CUTTACK, KOLKATA, THIRUVANATHAPURAM
DELHI, MADURAI, TIRUPATI
DHARWAD, MUMBAI, UDAIPUR
DISPUR, NAGPUR, VISHAKHAPATNAM
UPSC CMS Exam 2016 Key Dates
|Start of online registration||05.03.2016|
|Closing of online registration||01.04.2016|
|CMS Exam Date 2016||12.06.2016|
|Declaration of CMS Exam 2016 Result||September 2016|
For complete information refer UPSC CMS Exam 2016 information brochure.