Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under the administrative control of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National Standards Body of India and is responsible for activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking of Gold/Silver Jewellery, Laboratory Testing etc., in the country. BIS is also responsible for Standardization and Certification at the International level.
BIS offers excellent career opportunities to bright, young dynamic persons for the post of Scientist-‘B’. These posts are in the Pay Scale of Rs. 15600-39100 + Grade Pay Rs.5400 plus allowances as applicable.
VACANCY DETAILS FOR BIS RECRUITMENT 2015
Vacancy details for BIS Recruitment 2015 is given below clearly category wise.
Reservation for persons with Disabilities
- Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) – 2
- Visually Impaired (VI) – 2
- Hearing Impaired (HI) – 4
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BIS RECRUITMENT 2015
Eligibility criteria for various posts in BIS is given in detail. Candidates can check all details before applying to particular posts.
The candidates must be between 21-30 years of age as on 01.09.2015. Relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Servicemen/ Persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989 shall be as per Central Government. The Relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST candidates shall be 5 years; for OBC candidates shall be 3 years; for PWD (Gen) candidates shall be 10 years; for PWD(SC/ST) candidates shall be 15 years; for PWD(OBC) candidates shall be 13 years. The upper age limit for Departmental candidates serving in BIS is 50 years.
APPLICATION FORM FOR BIS RECRUITMENT 2015
Candidates can apply online only from 08.09.2015 to 24.09.2015 and no other mode of application will be accepted. Candidates are required to go to the BIS website www.bis.org.in OR click on the link given below and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should:
- Scan their photograph and signature (20kb-50kb)
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no (10kb —20kb)
HOW TO APPLY FOR BIS
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate and his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Identity proof/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point “C”
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES:
The Application Fees/ Intimation Charges [Payable from 08.09.2015 to 24.09.2015 (only through Online payment mode) both dates inclusive] is Rs. 750/- and is Non-Refundable. No fees is required to be paid by SC/ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ PWD/Women Candidates. Bank Transaction charges, if any, for Online Payment of application fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
SELECTION PROCESS FOR BIS RECRUITMENT 2015
Eligible candidates will be required to appear in an online examination at their own expenses.
Candidates who have been shortlisted in the online examination will subsequently be called for an Interview. Candidates short-listed will be interviewed for which traveling expenses upto second class train fare for to-and-fro journeys from normal place of residence by shortest route shall be payable to outstation candidates.
EXAM CENTRES FOR BIS RECRUITMENT 2015
The examination of BIS may be held at the following centers and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters
1) Hyderabad/ Secunderabad 2) Vishakhapatnam 3) Vijaywada 4) Itanagar 5) Guwahati 6) Patna 7) Chandigarh 8) Raipur 9) Verna 10) Ahmedabad/ Gandhinagar 11) Vadodara 12) Shimla 13) Jammu 14) Bhilai 15) Ranchi 16) Jamshedpur 17) Bengaluru 18) Mangalore 19) Kochi 20) Thiruvananthapuram 21) Bhopal 22) Indore 23) Jabalpur 24) Greater Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai/ Thane 25) Nagpur 26) Pune 27) Shillong 28) National Capital Region (Delhi) 29) Bhubaneshwar 30) Berhampur (Ganjam) 31) Puducherry 32) Amritsar 33) Bikaner 34) Jaipur 35) Udaipur 36) Gangtok 37) Chennai 38) Coimbatore 39) Agartala 40) Allahabad 41) Lucknow 42) Dehradun 43) Durgapur 44) Greater Kolkata 45) Siliguri
- The examination will be conducted online in venues given in the respective call letters.
- No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained.
- BIS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- BIS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risks and expenses and BIS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Choice of centre once exercised by the candidate will be final
EXAM PATTERN FOR BIS RECRUITMENT 2015
Structure of the Online Exam for BIS Recruitment 2015 is given below
The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi. There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests
ADMIT CARD FOR BIS RECRUITMENT 2015
A candidate who has registered successfully for BIS Recruitment 2015 should download his/her call letter from the BIS’s website www.bis.org.in by entering his/ her details i.e.
- Registration Number
- Password/Date of Birth.
No hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout will be sent by post/ courier.
The Centre, venue address, post applied for, date and time for examination and interview shall be intimated in the respective Call Letter. Intimations will be sent by email and/ sms to the email ID and mobile number registered in the online application form
KEY DATES FOR BIS RECRUITMENT 2015
|Online Registration for BIS||08.09.2015 to 24.09.2015|
|Payment of Application Fees- Online||08.09.2015 to 24.09.2015|
|Download of Call letter for Online Exam||After 10.10.2015|
|Online Exam for BIS||18.10.2015|