SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 is given here in detail for those candidate who will be appearing in coming SSC CHSL Exam 2016. Candidate can check full syllabus given under four section and prepare accordingly.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016
Complete SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 is given below:
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation ,Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences ,Figural Classification ,Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.,
Statistical Charts : Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart.
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
Skill Test SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 for Data Entry Operator
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
The ‘Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage and the duration of the said Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer. Visually handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 35 minutes including compensatory time 20 minutes for the skill test.
The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test for SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 would be of qualifying nature. Candidates allowed to take this test, will have to qualify the test at the prescribed speed on Computer, to be provided by the Commission or the agency authorized by the Commission to conduct such skill test at the Centre/venue so notified.
Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination, as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be called for skill test. The Commission may also at its discretion, fix qualifying marks in each component of the written examination.
Provided that candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBC, ExS and PH may be called for the Skill Test by the Commission by applying relaxed standards if the Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates of these categories are not likely to be available for the skill test on the basis of qualifying criteria for general category candidates in order to fill up the vacancies reserved for these categories (i.e. SC, ST, PH, ExS and OBC).
Only such candidates who qualify in the Skill Test at a speed of not less than 8000 key depressions per hour will be eligible for being recommended for appointment as per their position in the merit list.
None of the candidates including PH candidates who qualify in the written part of the examination will be exempted from the Skill Test as passing of the skill test is a precondition and one of the essential qualifications for appointment to the post of Data Entry Operator.
Central Government civilian employees availing age relaxation must furnish “No Objection Certificate” from their Employer/Office at the time of the skill test, failing which the benefit of age relaxation will not be allowed to such candidates and they will not be allowed to appear in the Skill Test.
The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional Offices or other centers as may be decided by the Commission.
Typing Test SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and LDCs:
Typing Test for SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Written Examination. Such Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature. It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes. Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes. Passage Dictators will be provided to VH candidates for the Typewriting test. The Passage Dictator will read out the passage to VH candidate within the allotted time period.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour and 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
- OH candidates who claim to be permanently unfit to take the typewriting test because of a physical disability may, with the prior approval of the Commission, be exempted from the requirement of appearing and qualifying at such test, provided such a candidate submits a Certificate in the prescribed format to the Commission from the competent Medical Authority, i.e., the Civil Surgeon declaring him/her to be permanently unfit for the Typewriting Test because of a physical disability.
- If an OH candidate who submits a Medical Certificate from the Medical Board attached to VRC for PH persons or from the Medical Board attached to Special Employment Exchange for PH persons, his/her claim for exemption from Typewriting Test would be accepted. However, if, she/he submits Medical Certificate from Civil/Orthopaedic Surgeon, his/her case would be referred to a Medical Board in a Government Hospital or Medical Board attached to VRC/Special Employment Exchange for PH persons for clearance. OH Candidates seeking exemption from Typing test on medical ground must substantiate their claim by furnishing the relevant Medical Certificate in the prescribed format as published in this Notice at the time of Typing Test. Otherwise their claim for seeking exemption from Typing Test will not be entertained by the Commission.
- If any candidate does not opt for any medium for typing, his option will be deemed to be for English medium.
- Only those candidates who secure at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination, as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion, will be called for Typing Test. The Commission may also, at its discretion, fix the minimum qualifying marks in each component of the written examination.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2016 Contact Information