KMRL Recruitment 2015
Kochi Metro Rail Limited Recruitment 2015 invites Applications for Appointment to the post of Maintainers Train Operators/ Station Controllers/ Junior Engineers and Section Engineers. The number of vacancies as also the number of reserved vacancies is provisional and may vary according to the actual requirement. Candidates those who are interested and eligible may apply from the details. All details for KMRL Recruitment 2015 such as dates, eligibility, application forms etc is given here.
Vacancy Details for KMRL Recruitment 2015
Eligibility Criteria for KMRL Recruitment 2015
For Maintainers :
- SSLC pass with ITI (Two years) with 60% aggregate marks for UR/OBC/ Ex.S candidates & 50% aggregate marks for SC/ST candidates in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil trades. Working knowledge of Malayalam language is compulsory. This will be subject to verification before selection.
- Only ITI certificate holder in Fitter under Mechanical trade, Electrician under Electrical trade, Electronics under Electronics trade and Draftsman Civil under civil trade will be considered eligible for applying against Maintainers.
Train Operator/ Station Controllers:
- Diploma (Three years) from a Govt. recognized Institute with 60% aggregate marks for UR/OBC/ Ex.S candidates & 50% aggregate marks for SC/ST candidates in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics trades. Knowledge of Malayalam language in all the three attributes ie Read, Speak and write is compulsory. This will be subject to verification before selection.
- Only Diploma certificate holder in Mechanical under Mechanical trade Electrical under Electrical trade and Electronics, Applied Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics & Telecommunication under Electronics trade will be considered eligible for applying against Train Operator/Station Controllers.
- A Three year Diploma from a Govt. recognized Institute with 60% aggregate marks for UR/OBC/ Ex.S candidates & 50% aggregate marks for SC/ST candidates in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil trades. Working knowledge of Malayalam language is compulsory. This will be subject to verification before selection.
- Only Diploma certificate holder in Mechanical under Mechanical trade, Electrical under Electrical trade, Electronics, Applied Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics& Telecommunication under Electronics trade and Civil under Civil trade will be considered eligible for applying against Junior Engineers.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering.from a Govt. recognized university / Institute with 60% aggregate marks for UR/OBC/ Ex.S candidates & 50% aggregate marks for SC/ST candidates in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil disciplines. Working knowledge of Malayalam language is compulsory. This will be subject to verification before selection.
- Only BTech/BE or equivalent degree in Mechanical under Mechanical stream, Electrical under Electrical Stream, Electronics, Applied Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electronics& Telecommunication, Electronics & Instrumentation, Industrial Electronics under Electronics Stream and Civil under Civil stream will be considered eligible for applying against Section Engineers.
AGE (as on 01.10.2015)
- For the post of Maintainers :Above 18 years – Below 24 years i.e. candidates should have been born not earlier than 02.10.1991, but not later than 01.10.1997.
- For the post of Train operator/ Station Controller/Junior Engineers Above 18 years – Below 25 years i.e. candidates should have been born not earlier than 02.10.1990, but not later than 01.10.1997.
- For the post of Section Engineers :Above 18 years – Below 26 years i.e. candidates should have been born not earlier than 02.10.1989, but not later than 01.10.1997
Relaxation of upper age limit
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled tribe Candidates – 5 years
- Other Backward Class Candidates – 3 years
- Ex . Servicemen – Actual year of qualified service + 3 years
Application Form for KMRL Recruitment 2015
KMRL Application Form can be filled by following three simple steps which are as:
- APPLICATION REGISTRATION
- PAYMENT OF FEES
- PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE SCAN AND UPLOAD
Before applying online, candidates should
- Scan their photograph and signature
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no
- Candidates may go to the KMRL website www.kochimetro.org and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
Payment of Fees
The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
Photograph and Signature Scan Upload
- Photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels
- Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels
- Size of file should be between 10kb —20kb.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB
Call Letter of KMRL Recruitment 2015
Candidates will have to visit KMRL ’s website www.kochimetro.org for downloading call letters for online test. Intimation for downloading call letter will also be sent through email/SMS, about ten days in advance of the date of examination. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for call letter download. The candidate is required to use
- Registration Number/Roll Number,
- Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter.
Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with
- Call Letter
- Photo Identity Proof as specified in the call letter and photocopy of the same Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.
CANDIDATES REPORTING LATE i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination. The reporting time mentioned on the call letter is prior to the Start time of the test. Though the duration of the examination is 2 hours, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 4 hours including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions.
Selection Procedure for KMRL Recruitment 2015
The selection of the candidates for KMRL Recruitment 2015 shall be made on the basis of:
- Online Test and medical examination for Maintainers and Junior Engineers.
- Online Test, medical examination and Psychometric test for the post of Train Operators/ Station Controllers.
- Online Test, medical examination and Interview for Section Engineers.
Note: Medical standards (as per Indian Railway Medical standards) required for qualifying a candidate for the above posts
The Online Test other than Malayalam language proficiency test will be conducted in English. There will be an online test of Malayalam language also for all posts. Minimum passing in Malayalam test as well as other tests as stipulated/decided by KMRL will be applicable
Exam Pattern for KMRL Recruitment 2015
The test will consist of 3 parts, Part-1, Part-2 and Part-3.
- Part 1– Malayalam language (10% marks). Candidates scoring minimum 40% marks in part-1 (Malayalam language) will only considered eligible for the post of Section Engineers. For other parts/tests minimum passing will be decided by KMRL.
- Part-2– Aptitude (40% marks) consisting of Quantitative aptitude, Test of reasoning, General English and General Knowledge.
- Part 3-Technical Aptitude (50% marks) in the respective discipline.
The questions under part -1 will be of multiple choice, objective type and available in Malayalam. The part 2 & 3 will be of multiple-choice, objective type and available in English.
The tentative list of centres is as follows:
1 Alappuzha 2 Ernakulam 3 Idukki 4 Kannur 5 Kasaragod 6 Kollam 7 Kottayam 8 Kozhikode 9 Malappuram 10 Palakkad 11 Pathanamthitta 12 Thiruvananthapuram 13 Thrissur 14 Nagercoil 15 Coimbatore 16 Chennai 17 Banglore 18 Namakkal
Key Dates for KMRL Recruitment 2015
|Opening Date for ON-LINE Registration of Application||30.09.2015|
|Closing date for ON-LINE Registration of Application||21.10.2015|
|Dates for Payment of Application Fee||From 30.09.2015 to 21.10.2015|
|Date of online test||During Nov 2015|