DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2016
Government of Kerala Department of Technical Education released notification for DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2016 to P.G. Degree course in Engineering for the year 2016. Post Graduate Degree Courses in Engineering are being offered to the graduates in Engineering, in various Engineering Colleges in the state for awarding Masters Degree in the appropriate branches by the Universities concerned. The course shall extent over a period of 24 months consisting of 4 semesters.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2016 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2016 are given as follows:
- The candidates shall be an Indian National.
- The candidates should have studied the Graduate course in an institution approved by the AICTE / Deemed Universities in India.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree examination. For SC/ST candidates a pass in the Engineering Degree course is sufficient. For SEBC (OBC) students, a minimum of 54% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
- Candidates, who have passed AMIE / AMIETE Examinations and satisfying the following conditions, are eligible for admission.
- They must have valid GATE score.
- A minimum of 55% marks for section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination.
- Minimum three years of Professional experience in the field of Specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination can also apply, provided he / she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th semester exam (8th semester for B.Arch students). Those who are having valid GATE score and who are waiting for the result of the supplementary examinations of the above or previous semesters can also apply. Confirmation of admission of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree -satisfying clauses V (a) to (d) as applicable on or before September 30, 2015.
- In case seats remain vacant due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates from Kerala State without valid GATE score will be considered against such vacancies. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2016 Important Links
DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2016 Selection Procedure
- Candidates will have to register their option while submitting the DTE Kerala M.tech Admission application. There will not be any provision to change the option.
- The selection of Candidates will be supervised by the selection committee consisting of the Director of Technical Education (Chairman), the Senior Joint Director (ECS) and the Principal, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram. The Principal, College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram will be the co-ordinator and the venue for admission work is College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Selection of candidates will be based on the GATE score. In case of tie, advantage will be given to the candidates who secure highest aggregate marks up to 6th semester in their qualifying examination (8th semester for B.Arch students).
- If sufficient GATE qualified candidates are not available, the selection will be made from Keralite candidates based on the aggregate marks up to 6th semester in their qualifying examination (8th semester for B.Arch students). Candidates who produce Nativity Certificate obtained from the respective Village Officer, at the time of admission will only be admitted in this case.
- Allotment list will be published in the websites, dtekerala.gov.in and www.cet.ac.in.
- Allotment letter can be downloaded from the website cet.ac.in or www.dtekerala.gov.in. Selected candidates have to remit the fee on or before the last date in any of the specified branches of State Bank of Travancore. Otherwise, the admission will be cancelled.
- Sponsored candidates, if any, will be admitted as per relevant Government Orders.
- Transfer Certificate issued from the institutions last attended must be produced at the time of admission.
- The selection of candidates will be provisional and subject to verification of original documents by the Principals concerned at the time of admission.
For Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges in the State
- Rank list will be prepared, which will include all the eligible applicants.
- Institutions will conduct admission for themselves from this rank list, after inviting separate applications and ascertaining the eligibility for admission as per the norms of the University and following the statutory reservation policy.
A spot admission will be conducted for the vacant seats if any in the courses specified in Annexure A and B at College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram on a date fixed later. A list of candidates eligible to appear for spot admission will be published in the website www.dtekerala.gov.in. Candidates selected for admission through spot admission will have to remit the fee on the date of spot admission itself in the bank and join the respective institutions on the date specified.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2016 Other Information
Fees Structure for DTE Kerala M.tech Admission
|Item||Government & Aided Institution (Annexure A)||Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering College (Annexure B)|
|Admission Fee||Rs 225/-|
|Tuition Fee||Rs 6000/- per semester||Rs 45000/- per semester|
|Special Fee||Rs 3500/- per year||Other fee are applicable and it should be payable at the respective institution|
|Caution Deposit||Rs 1500/-|
Refund of Fees
- The fee for a course allotted to the candidate will have to be paid within the stipulated time, at all branches of State Bank of Travancore. The fees collected from candidates will be transferred to the College where the candidate stands admitted on closing of admissions.
- Refund of fee will be applicable only to students who leave the college on cancellation of admission on or before the last date prescribed. The amount of fee collected will be refunded to the candidates only after the closing of admission for the year. No interest will be paid to the candidates.
- The candidates who obtain admission in any of the institutions in A and B and discontinue studies after the date specified as per the schedule are liable to pay Rs 30000/- (Rupees Thirty thousand only) plus the tuition fee and special fee for the remaining period of the course as liquidated damages.
- All candidates leaving the institutions by cancelling the admission after 10/08/2016 will be liable to pay liquidated damages for institutions in Annexure A and B.
- The Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges in the State will conduct the admission from the rank list, by inviting separate applications. The dates of admission for these institutions will be after 9th July 2016. All students leaving these institutions after a date fixed by the institution (the date so fixed should come after 10/08/2016) will have to pay liquidated damages of tuition fee and special fee for the remaining period of the course. The student should be informed of this, well in advance, by the respective institutions.
- In all such cases the Transfer Certificate will be issued only after remitting the liquidated damages to the authority concerned. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OEC are exempted from this rule.
Scholarship for DTE Kerala M.tech Admission
Scholarship is available for candidates with valid GATE Score at the rate of Rs.8000/- (Rupees Eight thousand only) per month vide G.O. (Rt) No. 67/09/H.Edn dated: 19.01.09 for the total period of 24 months subject to the following conditions.
a) Each student shall undertake 8 to 10 hours of work per week related to teaching and research activities as assigned by the institutions.
b) The students must secure first class or equivalent during the first semester examination to become eligible for continuance of scholarship.
c) The student shall give an undertaking to the effect that he/she will not leave the course midway or appear for any competent examination not related to Engineering and Technology.
d) The students shall not receive any emoluments, salary, stipend etc from any other source during the course of study.
- In the case of candidates with valid GATE score but do not satisfy the condition (a) above, an amount of Rs.1000/- (Rupees Thousand only) will be given as scholarship.
- SC/ST students will be eligible for stipend as per Kerala State Government Rules.
- Any other details not specifically covered by the clause given will be decided by the Director of Technical Education and his/her decision will be final and also empowered to cancel any admission found to be illegal subsequent to the admission.
DTE Kerala M.Tech Admission 2016 Key Dates
|Filling up of Online application form||From 05/06/2016 to 16/06/2016|
|Last date to receive the printed application form in CET||20/06/2016, 5 pm|
|Date of publishing Rank List||05/07/2016|
|First Allotment of DTE Kerala M.tech Admission||11/07/2016|
|Second allotment of DTE Kerala M.tech Admission||20/07/2016|
|Third allotment of DTE Kerala M.tech Admission||28/07/2016|
|Date of Joining||01/08/2016 to 03/08/2016|
|Commencement of Classes||01/08/2016|
For complete admission brochure of DTE Kerala M.tech admission Click Here