Chinese New Years Animals
Chinese New Years Animals or circle of Animals literally means 12 animals which resembles Chinese Zodaic. In Chinese New Year it predict future action that relates each year to an animal and its reputed attributes according to a 12-year mathematical cycle. It is popular in several East Asian countries including China, Vietnam, Korea, Japan, and Thailand. The 12 Chinese Zodiac animals are in a fixed order according to Chinese Yin and Yang Theory and perceived attributes. Each attribute symbolizes some sense of expression.
Chinese New Years Animals Signs
The Zodiac Signs begins with sign of Rat. The 12 zodiac signs of Chinese New Year Animals are as follow
- Rat associated with fixed elements Water
- Ox associated with fixed elements Earth
- Tiger associated with fixed elements Wood
- Rabbit associated with fixed elements Wood
- Dragon associated with fixed elements Earth
- Snake associated with fixed elements Fire
- Horse associated with fixed elements Fire
- Goat associated with fixed elements Earth
- Monkey associated with fixed elements Metal
- Rooster associated with fixed elements Metal
- Dog associated with fixed elements Earth
- Pig associateds with fixed elements Water
Chinese New Years Animals Origin
Many stories and fables exist to explain the beginning of the zodiac. But since the Han Dynasty the 12 Earthly Branches had been used for the sake of entertainment. A Chinese New Years Animals Origin branch may refer to a double-hour period.
- Rat: 23:00 to 00:5. (2008, 1996, 1984, 1972, 1960) This is the time when Rats are most active in seeking food.
- Ox: 01:00 to 02:59. (2009, 1997, 1985, 1973, 1961) This is the time when Oxen begin to chew the cud slowly and comfortably
- Tiger: 03:00 to 04:59. (2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, 1962) This is the time when Tigers hunt their prey more and show their ferocity
- Rabbit: 05:00 to 06:59. (2011, 1999, 1987, 1975, 1963) This is the time when the Jade Rabbit is busy pounding herbal medicine on the Moon according to the tale.
- Dragon: 07:00 to 08:59. (2012, 2000, 1988, 1976, 1964) This is the time when Dragons are hovering in the sky to give rain.
- Snakes: 09:00 to 10:59. (2013, 2001, 1989, 1977, 1965) This is the time when Snakes are leaving their caves.
- Horse: 11:00 to 12:59. (2014, 2002, 1990, 1978, 1966) This is the time when the sun is high overhead and while other animals are lying down for a rest, Horses are still standing.
- Goat: 13:00 to 14:59. (2015,2003, 1991, 1979, 1967)This is the time when Goats eat grass and urinate frequently.
- Monkey: 15:00 to 16:59. (2016, 2004, 1992, 1980, 1968) This is the time when Monkeys are lively.
- Rooster: 17:00 to 18:59. (2017, 2005, 1993, 1981, 1969) This is the time when Roosters begin to get back to their coops.
- Dog: 19:00 to 20:59. (2018, 2006, 1994, 1982, 1970) This is the time when Dogs carry out their duty of guarding the houses.
- Pig: 21:00 to 22:59. (2019, 2007, 1995, 1983, 1971) This is the time when Pigs are sleeping sweetly.
Chinese New Years Animals Symbolic Meaning
The yin or the yang of the animals is defined based on the odd or even number of their claws (or toes, hoofs). The animals are then arranged in an alternating yin-yang sequence.
The strong yang attribute comes first, then the balancing yin attribute.
|Rat||Wisdom||even and odd||yin and yang|