BHEL RECRUITMENT 2016 – ENGINEER TRAINEE
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) ‘A’ Maharatna CPSE, is today the largest engineering enterprise of its kind in India. BHEL caters to the needs of core sectors like Power, Transmission, Industry, Transportation (including Railways), Defence, and various industries like Petrochemicals, Petroleum, Steel, Cement, Fertilizers etc. It has 17 Manufacturing plants, 8 Service centers and 4 Power Sector regional centers besides a large number of regional offices and project sites spread all over India.
BHEL invites bright and dynamic Candidates in Persons with Disabilities (PwD) Category to join as Engineer Trainees(Mechanical/ Electrical) in a Special Recruitment Drive.
VACANCY DETAILS FOR BHEL RECRUITMENT 2016
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BHEL RECRUITMENT 2016
Eligibility Criteria for BHEL Recruitment 2016 is given below in detail. Candidate should check all the details before applying.
Engineer Trainee (Mechanical/ Electrical)
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering /Technology or Five year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree programme in Engineering or Technology in the disciplines of Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering from a recognized Indian University/ Institute
Disciplines of Engineering considered by BHEL for position of Engineer Trainee
|BHEL Discipline||Disciplines of Engineering|
|Mechanical||1. Industrial and Production Engineering
2. Industrial Engineering
3. Mechanical Production and Tool Engineering
4. Production Technology Manufacturing Engineering
6. Manufacturing Process and Automation
7. Power Plant Engineering
8. Production Engineering
9. Production and Industrial Engineering
10. Thermal Engineering
11. Manufacturing Technology
12. Power Engineering
|Electrical /td>||1. Electrical & Electronics
2. Electrical, Instrumentation & Control
3. High Voltage Engg.
4. Power Systems & High Voltage Engg
5. Electrical Machine
6. Electronics & Power
7. Power Electronics
8. Power Plant Engineering.
9. Energy Engineering
10. Power Engineering
Upper Age Limit (years) (as on 01/09/2015)* for BHEL Recruitment 2016 is as follows:
- 37 Years* (Candidates born before 01/09/1978 are not eligible to apply)
- 39 years* for candidates having two years’ full time Post Graduate in Engineering or Business Administration/ Management
- Age limit is further relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidates.
- Relaxation in age limit for Ex-Servicemen will be as per extant Govt. Rules.
- Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1/1/1980 to 31/12/1989
APPLICATION FORM FOR BHEL RECRUITMENT 2016
Application for the Engineer Trainee position for BHEL Recruitment 2016 is a three stage process
- Applying for Gate – 2016 Examination
- Applying to BHEL
- Entering GATE–Registration No. in the Online Application for BHEL Recruitment.
Candidates who wish to apply for the position of Engineer Trainee in BHEL will be required to take the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – 2016 (GATE-2016).
Candidates will then have to separately apply on-line to BHEL for which BHEL Recruitment website http://careers.bhel.in/ is tentatively scheduled to be activated from 26th October, 2015 to 20th November, 2015, and send in their applications in Hard Copy to BHEL, latest by 27th November, 2015. Libk for apply online is also given below.
BHEL APPLICATION FORM – link will be activated as per scheduled date
After this, candidates once again have to access the BHEL Recruitment Website and will be required to enter their GATE Registration Number in the Online Application Window in http://careers.bhel.in/ which will open from 15th December, 2015 to 26th December, 2015
APPLYING FOR GATE-2016 Examination
- For detailed information on GATE- 2016 and on-line submission of application for GATE- 2016, interested candidates may log on to: GATE 2016 or Websites of following IITs: – Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee.
- Candidates should fill-in and submit the GATE-2016 application form as instructed by the GATE authorities and wait for the admit card to get the GATE-2016 registration number.
- For the vacancies in the disciplines of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering advertised by BHEL, the GATE-2016 exam is scheduled between 30th January to 7 th February 2016. However candidates are advised to visit GATE-2016 website for any changes. BHEL has no role in case of any changes in GATE-2016 schedules.
APPLYING FOR BHEL RECRUITMENT
- Candidates may read the instructions given on the website http://careers.bhel.in/ carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information. BHEL will not be responsible, if candidates fill up their details wrongly.
- Only those candidates who have applied for appearing in GATE-2016 in the relevant Engineering discipline as advertised by BHEL should apply. Candidates should also be meeting other eligibility criteria as mentioned in our recruitment website http://careers.bhel.in/
- The candidates should submit their application ONLINE only. After submitting the application ONLINE, a unique Acknowledgement Number will be allotted to the candidate and he/she will then be required to download the acknowledgement slip
- On downloading, candidate will get two copies of acknowledgement slip and one copy of address slip to which acknowledgement slip is to be sent to the address as below
The DGM /HR (Recruitment & MPP)
HR Department/ Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
BHEL House, Sirifort
New Delhi – 110049
Entering GATE–Registration No. in the Online Application to BHEL RECRUITMENT
- The Candidates may check the status of their hard copy application in the “Latest Status”, Link on http://careers.bhel.in/ website from 10th December, 2015 onwards.
- BHEL’s on-line application window will open again for Candidates from 15 th December, 2015 to 26th December, 2015, for furnishing their GATE-2016 registration Number which will be available on GATE-2016 Admit Card.
- Only those Candidates, whose hard copy of application have reached us and got verified shall be allowed to enter their GATE-2016 Registration Number.
- BHEL will not be in a position to process applications, where the GATE-2016 Registration Number is missing/ invalid/ or wrongly entered.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR BHEL RECRUITMENT 2016
Candidates interested in joining BHEL as Engineer Trainee will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) – 2016. Based on the GATE-2016 Marks and requirement, candidates will be shortlisted for Interview in order of merit in the ratio of 1:3 to the number of vacancies in each discipline and Type of disability.
Please note that GATE Scores of 2016 will only be valid for BHEL Recruitment.
This being a Special Recruitment Drive for Persons with Disabilities, the shortlisting for interview will be done only on the basis of the type of disability in the ratio as detailed below:
For this purpose, a merit list of all eligible candidates Discipline wise/ Disability type wise shall be drawn up irrespective of the category to which they belong (such as OBC/SC/ST) and the candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
The final merit list for BHEL Recruitment 2016 shall be prepared on the basis of 75% weightage to Written Test (GATE-2016) Score & 25% weightage to Interview
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BHEL RECRUITMENT 2016
- Candidates should be able to furnish their Degree/ Final Year Mark sheets at the time of Interview.
- Candidates presently employed in Central/ State Government, Autonomous bodies, PSUs may apply through ‘Proper channel’ or submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview from their employer, if they are invited for interview.
- Furnishing of wrong / false information will be a disqualification & BHEL will not be responsible for any consequence of furnishing of such wrong / false information.
- The admission of candidates at all stages of selection process will be provisional and is subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
- BHEL recruitment website http://careers.bhel.in will provide necessary details regarding, how to apply/important dates / FAQs/ Interview call letters etc. The responsibility of downloading and printing of Interview call letter shall be that of the candidate. No separate Interview call letters shall be sent to the candidate by post. Candidates are advised to visit the website http://careers.bhel.in regularly for updates
KEY DATES FOR BHEL RECRUITMENT 2016
|On-line submission of BHEL Recruitment applications commences||26th October, 2015|
|Closing of On-line Submission of BHEL Recruitment application||20th November, 2015|
|Last date for receipt of copy of Acknowledgement.
|27th November, 2015|
|Opening of “Latest Status” link for checking
|10th December’ 2015|
|Opening of Application Update Window for entering
GATE-2016 Registration Number
|15th December’ 2015|
|Closing of Application Update Window for entering
GATE-2016 Registration Number
|26th December, 2015|