UPSC Special Class Railway Apprentices Exam 2016 invites application for selection of candidates for appointment as Special Class Apprentices in Mechanical Engineering Department of Indian Railways The UPSC SCRA Exam 2016 will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on January 2016 in accordance with the Ministry of Railways in the Gazette of India.
No of Vacancies to be filled on the basis of UPSC SCRA Exam 2016 is 42.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UPSC SCRA EXAM 2016
A citizen of India,Nepal ,Bhutan
2.) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
For admission to the examination a candidate
- Must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent examination of a University or Board approved by the Government of India with mathematics and at least one of the subjects of the examination.
- Graduate with mathematics and at least one of the subjects physics and chemistry as their degree subjects may also apply
- Must have passed first or second division,the Higher Secondary Examination under 10 Plus 2 pattern of School Education with mathematics and at least one of the subjects physics and chemistry as subjects of the examination.
- Must have passed the first year Examination under the three year degree course of a University or the first examination.
- The candidate must passed first/second year examination under the three year degree course in the first or second division with Mathematics and either Physics or Chemistry as subjects of Examination may also apply
- Must have passed in the first or second division the Pre-Engineering Examination of a University, approved by the Government of India
- Must have passed in the first year examination under the five year Engineering Degree Course of a University
3.) AGE LIMITS
A candidate must have attained the age of 17 Years and must not attained the age of 21 years on 1st January,2016, i.e he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 1999
The Upper age limit is relaxation as follows:
- upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST caste
- upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to other backward class.
- upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had domiciled in J&K
- upto a maximum of 5 years if case of Defense Services personnel.
4.) PHYSICAL STANDARDS
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to UPSC SCRA Exam 2016 as per rules for Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination 2016 published in Gazette of India dated October 2015
APPLICATION FORM FOR UPSC SCRA EXAM 2016
Candidates are required to apply Online using the website upsconline.nic.in Salient Features of the system of Online SCRA Exam Application Form are given here as per the scheduled date and link for applying is also given.
UPSC SCRA EXAM APPLICATION FORM – link will be available soon
HOW TO APPLY
Detailed instruction for filling up Online Application Form are available on the mentioned site.
Before start filling up of SCRA Exam Application Form, a candidate
- must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in .jpg format in such a manner thet each file should not exceed 40kb and not less than 3kb.
- must have valid email id
Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application Form containing two stages Part I and Part II as per the instruction available in the websites as per the scheduled date.
Candidates are requested don’t blank mandatory fields in form and all these fields are marked with (*) with red color
Personal details like age, gender and others must be filled up clearly as per requirements
The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- [excepting SC/STFemale/Physical Handicapped candidates who are exempted from the payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility or by using Visa/Master/Credit Card
ADMIT CARD FOR UPSC SCRA EXAM 2016
The eligible candidates shall be issued an SCRA Admit Card for UPSC SCRA Exam 2016 three weeks before the commencement of the SCRA Examination. The AdmiT Card will be made available on the official website upsc.gov.in for downloading by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post For Downloading SCRA Admit Card the candidates must have the following with them
- Registration ID
- Date of Birth
- Roll No
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR UPSC SCRA EXAM 2016
Selection Process for UPSC SCRA Exam 2016 is under following manner:
- First candidate has to appear for UPSC SCRA Exam 2016
- Qualified candidates than called for Interview.
EXAM DETAILS FOR UPSC SCRA EXAM 2016
The UPSC SCRA Exam 2016 shall be conducted according to the following plan
- Part I Written Examination carrying a maximum of 600 marks in the subjects a shown below
- Part II Personality Test carrying a maximum of 200 marks in respect of only those candidates who are declared qualified on the results of Written Examination.
Subjects of Respective SCRA Examination is given below
The Papers inn all subjects will consists of objective(multiple choice answer) type questions only.
EXAM CENTRES FOR UPSC SCRA EXAM
PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS FOR UPSC SCRA EXAM 2016
SCRA Previous Years Question Papers for all the three subjects is given below.
- SCRA 2013 General Ability Test Paper
- SCRA 2013 Mathematics Paper
- SCRA 2013 Physical Sciences Paper
- SCRA 2014 General Ability Test Paper
- SCRA 2014 Mathematics Paper
- SCRA 2014 Physical Sciences Paper
- SCRA 2015 General Ability Test Paper
- SCRA 2015 Mathematics Paper
- SCRA 2015 Physical Sciences Paper
KEY DATES FOR UPSC SCRA EXAM 2016
|Notification Date for SCRA Exam||3rd October, 2015|
|Last Date to Apply||November, 2015|
|SCRA Exam Date||January, 2016|
Click Here for Information Brochure of UPSC SCRA Exam 2016